From: kashani <kashani-list@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] lots of: named FORMERR resolving 'DOMAIN.COM/A/IN'
Date: Thu, 06 Sep 2007 19:56:56
1 Christian Parpart wrote:
2 > so, i googled around a bit, and found that the remote name server does not support/understand
3 > the incoming request, that is, resolving one of the above records to A (IPv4 address),
4 > which is kinda unbelievable.
5 >
6 > so how get i rid of these messages then?
7 > does anyone have a hint here?
8
9 I like letting named handle its own logging and rotating. Here's post I
10 wrote on the forums showing the config I use for logging in Bind. It
11 helps keep shunt poorly configured server chatter into their own log
12 files leaving messages and general.log for important things.
13
14 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-243393-highlight-named+general+kashani.html
15
16 kashani