From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] creating a black hole for load testing mail servers
Date: Wed, 03 Aug 2005 18:15:38
1 On 8/3/05, Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o> wrote:
2 > At work, we are load testing a number of different mail servers. I need to
3 > send large amounts of mail through the boxes as part of this. To get rid
4 > of the mail, I'd like to have a Gentoo box running exim or another MTA on
5 > the end of the chain that does two very simple things:
6 >
7 > * Accepts any and all mail that is sent to it, regardless of domain,
8 > recipient, etc.
9 > * Delivers all mail to /dev/null
12 Hi Kurt. The following page suggests that this task might reasonably
13 be accomplished with sendmail:
14
15 http://www.helgrim.com/sendmail/stress-testing.html
16