From: Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez.openinput@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Dynamic DNS Server setup?
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2005 09:02:10
1 2005/8/4, Old, Gregory <GregoryOld@×××××××××.com>:
2 > Hello All,
3 >
4 > I have a question, has anybody on the list setup a Dynamic DNS server to
5 > replace WINS, DHCP setup. We have a lot of issues with IP conflicts,
6 > because admins are not excluding IPs and Techs are not assigning printers
7 > IPs in the static range. To eliminate this possibility I would like to
8 > setup a Dynamic DNS server, so if someone can provide a good source of
9 > information or if anyone has knowledge of setting this up please post
10 > information.
11 >
12 > Thank you,
13 > Greg Old
14
15 I think I wrote a HOWTO some time ago to install a DNS/DHCP server
16 with dynamic DNS update, but I don't have it right now at my work
17 place... feel free to contact me off list if you want a copy (if I'm
18 able to find it later, of course). If there's enough interest I could
19 publish it on the web.
20
21 Best regards
22 Jose