From: peter.gantner@×××××××××××××.at
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] SysML and Editors
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 05:23:35
1 Hello!
2
3 I have given the task of modelling our current systems environment for
4 quick reference and easy analysis of points of failures. It' mostly
5 about "which software runs on which box, which
6 sw-modules/daemons/services depend on which" etc and it is overall a
7 quite complex setup.
8
9 I am looking for recommendations on how to tackle this task.
10
11 It was suggested by my boss that I use SysML[1] (instead of MS Visio or
12 powerpoint :P ) for this.
13
14 Are there any usable FOSS Editors inplementing that language yet?
15 I've tried Umbrello but it doesn't seem to have a SysML plugin/mode yet.
16
17 I don't have much expierience with UML but I don't think it's advisable
18 to do it by hand in vi right?
19
20 I'll be thankful for any suggestions.
21
22 Greetins,
23 Peter G.
24
25 [1] www.sysml.org
28 "I do not think the way you think I think."
29 -- Kai, last of the Brunnen G
30 --
31 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list