From: Christian Parpart <cparpart@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Portage Maintenance
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2004 18:25:51
1 On Tuesday 07 September 2004 8:14 pm, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Tue, Sep 07, 2004 at 07:09:27PM +0200 or thereabouts, Christian Parpart
3 wrote:
4 > > Some questions remain anyway. WHO exactly may submit (have write access),
5 > > and, how to get into this new idea to get a bit more attention in public?
6 >
7 > Well, ideally, everyone would have write access. If that freaks people out
8 > a bit too much, then you could have some sort of cursory review process
9 > where a group of people review ebuilds to make sure they don't have any
10 > nastiness in them.
11
12 I propose, that only commits, that are digitally signed (GnuPG ideally) go
13 into this. So, we let the trust by the user's side, of course, *this* is,
14 what some time before was proposed for the official portage tree as well.
15 And, this would even need some tweakings in emerge tool to validate'n'skip
16 the digital signature as well as select only ebuilds the user trusts on.
17
18 > If you restrict who can access the system too much, then you end up where
19 > we are now, with no net improvement.
20 [...]
21
22 I agree... s.a.
23
24 so far,
25 Christian Parpart.
28 20:19:33 up 14 days, 7:59, 4 users, load average: 1.14, 1.17, 1.39