From: rdmurray@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] spam filtering with postfix and virtual domains
Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2006 21:28:37
1 On Fri, 8 Dec 2006 at 15:15, Andrew Gaffney wrote:
2 > At some point, my amavisd setup decided to stop checking mail for spam. I
3 > don't get spam headers or anything in the logs indicating it's checking for
4 > spam. It still checks for viruses using clamav, however. Also, amavisd's
5 > configurability for SA is piss poor, at best.
6
7 Check to make sure spam checking is not turned off. At some point
8 the stock gentoo amavisd config file had spam checking off by default.
9 Also keep in mind there is more than one place (variable setting) where
10 it can get turned off.
11
12 > I'm looking for 1 of 2 things: a way to have amavisd run spamc instead of
13 > using the SA modules itself, or a local smtp daemon (like amavis) that just
14 > simply runs everything it gets through procmail, spamc, or whatever you
15 > choose with a "simple" setup. Does anyone have any suggestions?
16
17 Get amavisd to work? :). Seriously, I have no useful suggestions as I
18 myself only have experience with amavisd-new. And it does work and check
19 spam for me. And you can configure spamassasin stuff that it doesn't
20 have vars for through the standard spamassassin config files. (I haven't
21 tried the mysql setup for amavis yet; that's next on my list...)
22
23 --David
24 --
25 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list