From: "Andreas Prieß" <ap@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Blackdown Java and dependencies
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:30:03
1 Chris Shelton wrote:
2 >>> So when reading that list of dependencies I had, do we start at the
3 >>> bottom and work up? For example below, blackdown is last, and
4 >>> lib-compat is above it meaning blackdown will depend on it. And
5 >>> lib-compat depends on libsdl?
8 > In general, that is correct. Emerge will install packages starting from
9 > the one listed last, and work up.
10
11 Sorry, in general this is not correct: emerge shows the packages in
12 reverse order if and only if you use the --tree flag. Without -t the
13 packages will be emerged exactly in the order shown from top to bottom.
14
15 Just look what emerge itself says:
16
17 root@berry ~ # emerge -p world
18
19 These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
20
21 ...and on the other hand:
22
23 root@berry ~ # emerge -p --tree world
24
25 These are the packages that I would merge, in reverse order:
28 Just don't miss that. :-)
31 Andreas