To: gentoo-server@l.g.o, Jack Jackson <jackson.linux@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Mail conversions
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 20:59:53
1 On Tuesday 26 April 2005 15:12, Jack Jackson wrote:
2 > I have some <insert any O/S> machines which need to switch from <insert some
3 > client that supports IMAP> to <insert some other client that supports IMAP>
4
5 > I had hoped to bring everything to the Gentoo server and scan for viruses,
6 > clean up the files and then send them back to Windows.
7
8 Why send them back at all? Keep all your messages and folders on the server
9 with IMAP instead of downloading them permanently with POP3, then you can
10 change mail clients any time you like with no worries.
11
12 Even if you don't want to use IMAP long-term (even though everyone should),
13 you can simply set up an account on some IMAP server, drag the messages to it
14 in Pegasus, then either fetch them all down with Outlook/POP3, or drag them
15 out of the IMAP folder(s) into whatever local folders you want them in.
16
17 You can set up clamav on your Gentoo server to scan for virii upon receipt
18 too.
19
20 Cheers,
21 --
22 Casey Allen Shobe | SeattleServer, Inc.
23 cshobe@×××××××××××××.com | cell 425-443-4653
24 http://www.seattleserver.com
25 --
26 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list