From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Comments on IMAP Server (cyrus/courier/dovecot)
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 19:20:39
1 On Thu, 11 Aug 2005, kashani wrote:
2
3 > I've never used vpopmail, so how do they login in locally? I'd assume
4 > you need to have /etc/pam.d/login or whatever talk to the db or
5 > whatever, which is pretty much #1 in my opinion. Or am I missing something?
6
7 In vpopmail, the FULL email address is the username (you can designate a
8 "default domain" so that people who just use their username get this
9 domain silently added to their username for authentication purposes).
10
11 So in effect all domains are virtual.
12
13 In our case, account info is stored in MySQL which vpopmail queries
14 (vpopmail does all auth and mail deliveries). In other words, PAM is not
15 involved in any of this!
21 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list