From: "Old
To: "'gentoo-server@l.g.o'" <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] sshd (many connection attempts with invalid u ser)
Date: Fri, 06 May 2005 17:22:49
1 Claudinei,
2
3 I have seen the same issue with SSH attempts, what I did was I changed my
4 default port to a non-standard port. This eliminated the problem for me.
5 You can change the port setting in the sshd_config file and then restart the
6 daemons.
7
8 Thanks,
9 Greg Old
12 -----Original Message-----
13 From: Kirk Hoganson [mailto:kirk2@×××××××××.com]
14 Sent: Friday, May 06, 2005 12:56 PM
15 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
16 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] sshd (many connection attempts with invalid
17 user)
18
19 It could be done using iptables, but I am not aware of such
20 functionality within the sshd itself.
21
22 Kirk
23
24 Claudinei Matos said the following:
25 > Hi,
26 >
27 > I have a lot of connection attempts in my ssh server. I've take a look
28 > at sshd_config man pages but I didn't found a way to deny the source
29 > ip of the attempts by 5 minutes (i.e.) if this ip can't login after 5
30 > attempts (i.e.). Is there a way to do this?
31 >
32 > Tks,
33 >
34 > Claudinei Matos