From: Jeremy Kitchen <kitchen@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] vulnerability assessment, GLSA 200408-03
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:14:42
1 On Thursday 05 August 2004 02:42 pm, Sancho2k.net Lists wrote:
2 > We're trying to figure out the risk that GLSA 200408-03 (libpng: Numerous
3 > vulnerabilities) poses to our servers. The only production app we've
4 > become concerned about that links to libpng (at this point) is mod_php.
5 > We've patched the version of libpng up to 1.2.5-r8 but can't determine if
6 > mod_php needs to be rebuilt to link against new libraries.
7 >
8 > So two questions - does our situation warrant running revdep-rebuild for
9 > any reason? And does mod_php carry any risk when the png USE flag is set?
10
11 I rebuilt php. not like it takes long. I think though the problem was in the
12 library, so as long as libpng is not staticly linked to php it should be ok,
13 you might want to restart apache if nothing else.
14
15 -Jeremy
18 Jeremy Kitchen ++ Systems Administrator ++ Inter7 Internet Technologies, Inc.
19 jeremy@××××××.com ++ www.inter7.com ++ 866.528.3530 ++ 847.492.0470 int'l
20 kitchen @ #qmail #gentoo on EFnet ++ scriptkitchen.com/qmail