From: mrfroasty <mrfroasty@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: hparker@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] iptables && fail2ban
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 2009 20:42:17
1 I have already played with it and concluded that fail2ban missed it...in
2 my previous mail its mentioned that
3
4 #fail2ban-regex /var/log/auth.log
5 /etc/fail2ban/filter.d/proftpd.conf|grep 124.205.130.15
6
7 Nothing in the output, that means it has just missed to ban this guy.
8
9 Kerin did mention that this is an issue on the regex, that it captures
10 the guy who played with an unknown user and not because a user tried 3
11 times.
12
13 Honestly, I would love to get to solve the issue as this is obviously
14 not the intention.
15 The idea was to BAN any IP regardless of the user is defined on the box
16 or not.
17
18 P:S
19 I havent looked on those filter yet, I was on holiday since yesterday so
20 probably tomorrow I will get time to check if I can put my hands dirty
21 on this subject.
22
23 GR
24 mrfroasty