From: Maik Musall <lists@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] SLOTed glibc
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 17:07:25
1 Hi folks,
2
3 I've got a binary application that seems to run more stable with glibc
4 2.2.5 than with 2.3.5. Everything else of course, especially everything
5 for which I have sources, should nevertheless run against 2.3.5.
6
7 Is it possible to have both installed? The SLOT variable in the ebuilds
8 contains the same, so I suspect glibc is normally not supposed to be
9 SLOTed. On the other hand, /lib/libc.so.6 is just a symlink to the
10 current version, so any parallel installs could theoretically exist.
11
12 Before I try myself and mess up my system, I'd like to ask if anybody
13 already tried this.
14
15 Thanks
16 Maik