From: Matthew Thode <prometheanfire@g.o> (prometheanfire)
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: pandu@××××××.info
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Last leg of my Postfix installation saga... SA integration?
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2011 13:19:23
1 On Sat, 10 Dec 2011 11:22:34 +0700
2 Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
3
4 > On Dec 10, 2011 9:00 AM, "Matthew Thode" <prometheanfire@g.o>
5 > wrote:
6 > >
7 > > On Fri, 9 Dec 2011 19:05:45 +0700
8 > > Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info> wrote:
9 > >
10 > > > Okay, I promise this will be the last question re: "add-ons
11 > > > choice" for Postfix :-P
12 > > >
13 > > > I've installed Postfix, activated Postscreen on the world-facing
14 > > > "smtp" port, turned on TLS and SASL on the "submission" port...
15 > > >
16 > > > ... and now I come to the final steps of my installation saga:
17 > > > Integrating SpamAssassin into PostFix.
18 > > >
19 > > > Gentoo is wonderful. It gave us lots of choice. And the *huge*
20 > > > amount of choice is currently overwhelming me.
21 > > >
22 > > > So, I again implore on your admirable experiences in integrating
23 > > > SpamAssassin with PostFix:
24 > > >
25 > > > What method to use?
26 > > >
27 > > > * spamd ?
28 > > > * spampd ?
29 > > > * SA + Amavisd-new as after-queue content filter?
30 > > > * SA + Amavisd-new as before-queue smtpd_proxy filter?
31 > > > * SA + Amavisd-new + Amavis-milter?
32 > > > * SA + MIMEDefang?
33 > > > ...
34 > > > * Other?
35 > > >
36 > > > Thank you very much in advance.
37 > > >
38 > > > Rgds,
39 > >
40 > > I use spamassassin with postfix and use dovecot's sieve plugin to
41 > > filter mail.
44 > Dovecot sieve? Interesting... is it available separately from
45 > Dovecot's POP/IMAP functionality?
46 >
47 > Because (I forgot to mention) this particular server will serve as a
48 > mailfiltering gateway instead of the final destination.
49 >
50 > Rgds,
51
52 I don't believe it is.