From: Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] SPAM protection by requesting confirmation
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:14:05
1 On Tue, 2008-09-23 at 22:25 +0300, Alex Efros wrote:
2
3 > Sorry for OT, but I wanna install spam-protection tool based on
4 > confirmation email request (somebody send me email, my tool delay that
5 > email and automatically reply requesting confirmation, he confirm, my tool
6 > receive that confirmation and: 1) add his email to while-list; 2) deliver
7 > his initial email to my mailbox). I'm aware about several such tools, but
8 > I'm not sure how they handle incoming emails from other robots - like mail
9 > lists, or some news subscriptions and notifications from websites.
10 >
11 > I just don't wanna put myself in position like other people who spam
12 > maillists I read with senseless messages from their tools like
13 > autoresponders or so...
14 >
15 > Can anybody recommend me tool which is able to correctly handle these cases?
16 > To be honest, I don't see a way to realize this feature... :(
17 > Ability to protect all accounts at our email domain is good to have, but
18 > personal-only tool is acceptable too. (I use qmail, if this is important.)
19
20 Challenge Response sucks, don't do that... Google for more info..
23 Homer Parker <hparker@g.o>