From: Jonas Fietz <info@××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: anyone deploy Gentoo as production servers
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 13:34:25
1 Christian Spoo wrote:
2
3 > I know it's OT but considering your post in which you describe a possible
4 > solution for GREP 27 I ask myself if we should think about deleting unused
5 > users after uninstalling packages? Think of removing the apache user after
6 > unmerging apache itself.
7 First thing I had to think of are files with associated owner-ids which
8 don't exist anymore. They won't hurt anymore than with the user still
9 existing, but one would not know to whom they originally belonged.
10
11 Greetings,
12
13 Jonas