From: Phillip Berry <phillipberry@×××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Stable Portage tree
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 14:12:28
1 Hi Sune,
2
3 Thankyou for the answer, after a quick search it is indeed the "GLEP 19" that
4 satisfied my query. I also found the answer to my other question:
5
6 "All ebuilds should remain in the tree for a minimum of one year. This allows
7 users to upgrade as infrequently as once per year without risking the stable
8 portage tree leaving them behind without an upgrade path."
9
10 It's truly unfortunate that that particular effort has lost momentum.
11
12 Could i trouble you to point me to some more specific discourse regarding the
13 stable portage tree? I wish i could offer my help but I'm afraid i don't have
14 enough of an understanding of the depths of Portage to be of any great use...
15
16 Cheers
17 Phil