From: Ezra Gorman <ezra@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] quotas on Virtual Mailhost
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 20:51:19
1 On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 10:48:34AM -0600, Rodrigo Garcia wrote:
2 > Hello fellow gentoo-in-production-environment-users!
3 >
4 > I've succesfully setup virtual mailhosting as described in the
5 > Virtual Mailhosting System Guide. Everything seems to be working, but I
6 > was wondering what sorts of values go in the quota field in the users
7 > table. Bytes? megabytes? There's no mention of this field or of its
8 > workings in the guide; does it even work?
9 >
10 > Thanks!
11 >
12 > Rodrigo
15 Currently the quota system is not implemented in the VirtMail guide setup. Want to give it a shot? I also wanted to let
16 folks who are using the VirtMail setup that I've created tools for sysadmins and users for administrating email accounts.
17 Using a PHP based web interface sysadmins can define 'Authorities' in charge of sets of email addresses. Users with
18 administrative permissions in the system can access the configuration information for the domains/emails they are in
19 charge of. The user admins can make other email accounts have admin privileges for their 'Authority', change email
20 account information, and set up aliases and forwarding. I hope to have this packaged up in an easy to use fashion in the
21 near future. Anybody interested in being a guinea pig?
22
23 -Ezra
27 Ezra Gorman
28 ezra@×××××××××.org