From: Christian Ehlers <ehlers@××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] A few questions about portage
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 20:01:47
1 I am doing the following:
2
3 1. qpkg -I -nc |xargs emerge -u
4
5 2. revdep-rebuild
6
7 I am wondering if this is sufficient? Basically as far as I understand
8 it, 1. will check for updates on all packages installed, and 2. will
9 check if anything needs recompiling because a shared library has been
10 updated.
11
12 Anything else I need to do to make sure my system is up2date? Maybe I
13 missed something in the replies, but as far as I understood it
14 (admitting that English isn't my 1st or 2nd language) there was no real
15 solution posted yet?
16
17 Should I still do an emerge -u --deep world (+ --newuse if I change the
18 use variable?)
19
20 Regards,
21