From: Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] WOLK-4.10 patch ?
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 13:58:24
1 On Wed, 2004-01-21 at 05:12, Kurt Lieber wrote:
2 > On Tue, Jan 20, 2004 at 10:00:11PM -0500 or thereabouts, Jonathan S. Romero wrote:
3 > > What's wrong with WOLK, it seems to work fine on one of my servers. Is there
4 > > an issue with it that I was not aware of?
5 >
6 > 4.9s works fine, but it's getting a bit long in the tooth. WOLK has been
7 > all-but-unmaintained for a few months now, so there is concern that there
8 > will never be a new release of WOLK.
9
10 I've had somewhat negative results with WOLK. On a Dell SMP box with
11 hardware RAID, it did not work very well at all. (In contrast,
12 development-sources has worked perfectly.) On two other Dell single CPU
13 boxes, it ran fine for several months and then both machines crashed
14 yesterday, so I'm probably going back to vanilla-sources as soon as I
15 can.
16 --
17 Andy Dustman <adustman@×××××××××.edu>
18 Office of Information Technology, Terry College of Business, UGA