From: rdmurray@××××××××.com
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] LDAP authentication in pieces
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2006 16:14:26
1 On Tue, 5 Sep 2006 at 17:51, Nicolas MASSÉ wrote:
2 > On Tuesday 05 September 2006 17:35, Andrew D. Fant wrote:
3 >> I know that there is an NIS emulation mode for ldap, but is there a more
4 >> elegant way to have a local password file, where logins are checked first
5 >> against the directory, and if there is no ldap entry for the user, falling
6 >> back to the local files?
7 >
8 > In /etc/nsswitch.conf, you can have an entry like this :
9 >
10 > passwd: ldap files
11 > shadow: ldap files
12 > group: ldap files
13
14 I don't know much about this, but given Andrew's constraints and what
15 the nsswitch.conf man page says I'd think he just wants:
16
17 shadow: ldap files
18
19 without the other two, since he said that he doesn't want everyone
20 in the enterprise to have access to the gentoo boxes, and that the
21 group structure is different.
22
23 --David