From: Christian Fischer <christian.fischer@×××××××××.ch>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] manging windows
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 09:21:46
1 Steven Williamson wrote:
2 > Does anybody mange a windows network from linux specifically gentoo?
3 > What software do you use to achive this. Im mostly interessted in
4 > achiveing single sign on with LDAP
5 > and controlling access to samba servers. But im also looking for
6 > possibilites regarding managing software deployment.
7 > I have had a brief look at unattended (on sourceforge) anyone any
8 > experince with this? or similar set-ups?
9
10 We use a heavy modified version of unattended.sf.net to install our
11 windows systems.. I initially use dosemu etc. for creating a sample
12 installation, from which I take a snapshot (partimage) and apply it to
13 all the other systems.
14
15 We are running a few W2kservers for authentication with samba and the xp
16 clients..
17
18 But you could take samba pdc + ldap to create a single sign on for the
19 whole system.
20
21 We have our own (not published) system for managing software and
22 patches.. but you could take a look at http://wpkg.sourceforge.net/
23
24 cheers christian
27 Christian Fischer