From: "Witschel
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: AW: [gentoo-server] boot from san with multipath support
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:28:17
1 Up to now I have installed gentoo an SAN attached disks. I hvae for now experience with SLES9 and SAN. I'm running a bunch of HP Blades which use SAN storage. HP provides a devicedriver for these boxes, that enables multipathing within the driver.
2 I plan to use this driver to enable SAN access for at least one gentoo box in the near future. Since HP ships the driver as sourcecode, there should be no problems.
3
4 What setup do you plan? What hardware do you plan to use?
5
6 Matthias Witschel
7
8 Infraserv GmbH & Co. Höchst KG
9 Geschäftsfeld IT-Services
10 Computing Services
11 Geb. C584, Raum U10e
12 Industriepark Höchst
13 65926 Frankfurt am Main
14 mailto:matthias.witschel@×××××××××.com
15
16 www.infraserv.com ++ www.industriepark-hoechst.com ++ www.ihr-nachbar.de
17 > Auf diesen Messen finden Sie uns: www.infraserv.com/messetermine <http://www.infraserv.com/messetermine>
21 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
22 Von: Rene Zbinden [mailto:rene.zbinden@××××××.ch]
23 Gesendet: Freitag, 16. September 2005 23:42
24 An: gentoo-server@l.g.o
25 Betreff: [gentoo-server] boot from san with multipath support
28 hello
29
30 has someone experience with installing gentoo on a san attached disk
31 with mulitpath support? if someone can give me some hints, I would
32 appreciate that.
33
34 thanks in advance
35 rene