From: Andreas Herrmann <sma@××××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Postfix and LDAP/Kerberos
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2005 04:33:16
1 Hi there,
2
3 I use on one servers postfix and mailman. If I send an email to a
4 mailman list with contains mostly local users the slapd often crashes even
5 if it is on a different server and the mails get bounced.
6
7 Is there any possiblity to slow down the postfix server to a level of
8 about 2 outgoing/delivered mail per second to decrease the load of the
9 slapd/saslauth processes?
10
11 I straced the slapd processes and the problem probably is the handling of
12 the given CPU time by the kernel. Each slapd process gives back a amount
13 of CPU time because it is in the opinion an other slapd process also
14 shoudl handle some request. But it doesn't really work on heavy load.
15 Having just one slapd and on saslauthd process maybe helps but I do not
16 know if this scenario is possible.
17
18 Thanks for help.
19