From: Penghui Wang <wangpenghui@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Asking for advices after harddisk crash.
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:09:40
1 Hello, list,
2
3 Recently, one of our servers has been crashed because of some harddisk
4 problem. In several days before, the hd speed of this server become a little
5 slow than usual. And yesterday, during some basic operations on the server,
6 such as "ls", "cp", "ifconfig". Suddenly, there appeared a I/O error, then
7 the server died.
8
9 The RAID controller is:
10 0000:02:03.0 RAID bus controller: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic MegaRAID (rev
11 01)
12 And there are a RAID-5 logical disk via three 146G SCSI physical disks.
13
14 After boot the server, we have entered the RAID controller BIOS, found all
15 the physical disks has been the "FAILED/OFFLINE" situation. Then we forced
16 the status of HD to ONLINE status.
17 Then we boot the system via a KNOPPIX cd, and the partition table detected
18 by fdisk look likes:
19
20 root@4[root]# fdisk -l
21 Warning: ignoring extra data in partition table 5
22 Warning: ignoring extra data in partition table 5
23 Warning: ignoring extra data in partition table 5
24 Warning: invalid flag 0xffffaa0a of partition table 5 will be corrected by
25 w(rite)
26
27 Disk /dev/sda: 293.6 GB, 293628542976 bytes
28 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 35698 cylinders
29 Units = cylinders of 16065 * 512 = 8225280 bytes
30
31 Device Boot Start End Blocks Id System
32 /dev/sda1 * 1 13 104391 83 Linux
33 /dev/sda2 14 650 5116702+ 83 Linux
34 /dev/sda3 651 1287 5116702+ 83 Linux
35 /dev/sda4 1288 35698 276406357+ 5 Extended
36 /dev/sda5 ? 1675 2071 3177836+ dd Unknown
37 In fact, there should be sda5 and sda6, i guess cylinder 1289-1675 should be
38 the sda5 - swap partition. And the rest should be the sda6.
39
40 The first three partitions could mounted successfully, and sda contained NO
41 data which should be the boot partition. But sda2 and sda3 which should be
42 root partition and /var partition contained NO data too, but there are so
43 many files in the folder "lost+found".
44
45 We have used GUI parted, parted, testdisk, gpart and some other disk detect
46 tools to the scan the disk and try to find out the correct partition tables,
47 but no results.
48
49 So i post this problem here to ask for some advices.
50 Could someone pick me up?
51
52 Thanks in advance.
53