From: Eric G Ortego <eric@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Dell 1655mc
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 15:36:47
1 Steve Arnold wrote:
2
3 >On Tue, 20 Jan 2004 17:47:54 -0600
4 >Eric G Ortego <eric@×××××××××.org> wrote:
5 >
6 >[snip]
9 >>I't already has Redhat 9 on it what should I do put the win2k
10 >>server cd back in it?
14 >Why not just install gentoo on it now? You can chroot and do the
15 >install from redhat just as easy as you can from the livecd...
18 I need to install to /dev/sda3 which is the current root partition. Do
19 you know of any way to unmount it and chroot ? I don't believe this is
20 possible. Also /dev/sda3 and /dev/sda4 are LVM volumes.
21 The 1655's need to load the perc scsi driver before gentoo can see the
22 harddrive so I think a custom cd is the only way.
23
24 >Just a thought...
25 >
26 >Steve