From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] handling syntax/parse errors with PHP
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 20:08:53
1 Peter Abrahamsen wrote:
2 > Hi Andrew,
3 >
4 > I'm not aware of any way to do this. At my last job we focused on
5 > making sure syntax errors never get into the repository, which was
6 > easy to do. We had a pre-commit hook that ran .php files through php
7 > -l (lint mode). If that failed, the commit was rejected. I had another
8 > hook that made sure all the files contained only valid unicode.
9
10 That actually does help me some. I didn't know about php's lint mode. I ran it
11 on all the .php files in this particular site ("find /var/www/<domain>/htdocs
12 -name '*.php' -exec php -l {} \;" for anyone that's curious) and didn't come up
13 with anything.
14
15 This all started when one of our order takers told me they got a call from
16 someone who said they got a parse error on our site, but I didn't have any more
17 information than that. I clicked around, but didn't hit any problems.
18
19 I still don't see any problems, but at least now I have peace of mind :)
22 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
23 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
24 --
25 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list