From: "Witschel
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: AW: AW: [gentoo-server] boot from san with multipath support
Date: Sun, 18 Sep 2005 16:02:29
1 Hi Simon.
2
3 Your right. SecurePath is proprietary and expensive. And it is not needed any more for linux. HP has integrated some of the SecurePath features into Qlogics drivers with integrated Multipathing suport. These drivers can be downloaded from the HP site freely (well... read the license ;-) ). They come in two parts. One is an rpm containing some useful fc utilities, the second is a source-rpm containg the driversource. As for Gentoo, you have to find a way to extract the binaries and source from rpm (rpm2tar?).
4
5 I tested and currently use these drivers with SLES9 to connect to EVA-3000 and EVA-4000 storage. Works perfectly for both, wich makes me confident it might work with other storage systems as well, since EVA-4000 doesn't require any SecurePath like software. Maybe I can do a test with a VA7410 before I have to give it back.
6
7 I hope to get my hands on a gentoo test as soon as possible.
8
9 Matthias Witschel
10
11 Infraserv GmbH & Co. Höchst KG
12 Geschäftsfeld IT-Services
13 Geb. C584, Raum U10e
14 Industriepark Höchst
15 65926 Frankfurt am Main
16 Tel. 069 305 84235
17 Fax 069 305 98 84235
18 mailto:matthias.witschel@×××××××××.com
19
20 www.infraserv.com ++ www.industriepark-hoechst.com ++ www.ihr-nachbar.de
21 > Auf diesen Messen finden Sie uns: www.infraserv.com/messetermine <http://www.infraserv.com/messetermine>
25 -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
26 Von: gistolero@×××.de [mailto:gistolero@×××.de]
27 Gesendet: Sonntag, 18. September 2005 17:48
28 An: gentoo-server@l.g.o
29 Betreff: Re: AW: [gentoo-server] boot from san with multipath support
32 Hi Matthias,
35 > Since HP ships the driver as sourcecode, there should be no problems.
36
37 which driver do you mean? SecurePath? As far as I know HP ships SecurePath as
38 RPM and without sourcecode. And SecurePath only works with kernel 2.4.
39
40 Simon
43 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list
47 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list