From: mRyOuNg <mryoung@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Autoloading firewall modules
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 20:21:24
8 The connection tracking feature (ie. the modules) doesn't rely exactly
9 on an particular iptables command. It's more a way to tell the kernel
10 to track particular kind of connections. So you can't trigger a
11 "modprobe" for them with an iptables command. So you always have to
12 remember to add an entry in your module.autoload file.
13
14 A. Khattri wrote:
If I build iptables features (i.e. conn tracking, etc) as modules, they
17 are automagically loaded when I use the -m option to the iptables command.
18
19 This is great however, Ive noticed that a few modules do not automatically
20 load when needed, e.g. ip_conntrack_ftp
21
22 Am I doing something wrong? Or will I always need to remember to add an
23 entry to /etc/modules.autoload.d/kernel-2.6 ?
32 body {
33 font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
34 font-size: 12px;
35 color: #000000;
36 background-color: #FFFFFF;
37 text-decoration: none;
38 }
39
40 . mRyOuNg . [ SoundBomb . Syn[Rj] ] .
41
42 mail: mryoung@×××××××××.net
43 web : mryoung.soundbomb.net
48 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list