From: Jean Blignaut <jean@×××××××.biz>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] dissapearing virtual maildirs
Date: Mon, 03 Apr 2006 13:47:44
1 I take it back some one messed up big time with a script
5 Apr 3 12:24:11 zambezi sudo: apache : TTY=unknown ;
6 PWD=/var/www/localhost/htdocs/megaweb_database_files/import_mail_2 ;
7 USER=vexim ; COMMAND=/bin/mv info@××××.com/sales@××××.com /
8
9 Apr 3 12:24:11 zambezi sudo: apache : TTY=unknown ;
10 PWD=/var/www/localhost/htdocs/megaweb_database_files/import_mail_2 ;
11 USER=vexim ; COMMAND=/bin/mv /var/vexim_maildirs//
12 /var/vexim_maildirs/some.com/accounts
18 Guess alls not lost after all I amm going to have to strangle some
19 operators tho
20
21 ________________________________
22
23 From: Jean Blignaut [mailto:jean@×××××××.biz]
24 Sent: Monday, April 03, 2006 3:16 PM
25 To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
26 Subject: [gentoo-server] dissapearing virtual maildirs
30 Has any one ever observed maildirs disappearing from their courier-imap
31 server?
35 I'm using mysql virtual mail hosting for an ISP (587 domains) and every
36 so often maybe once in 3 months all the folders in my virtualmail folder
37 just seem to disappear!
41 I know it seems unlikely to be a courier-imap problem but I'm just
42 grasping at straws trying to find a cause nevermind a solution.
43
44 Its very hard to tell if ALL maildirs get wiped since they get recreated
45 as mail comes in but 1000nds of users phoning in because the pop3 or
46 imap server is refusing them access is no joke
50 My logs aren't very helpful with regards to what may have happened -->
51 all I can tell is when the first login failures started