From: Kurt Lieber <klieber@g.o>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Binary packages without development files
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 10:11:32
1 On Mon, Mar 29, 2004 at 12:03:41PM +0100 or thereabouts, Ronan Mullally wrote:
2 > On Mon, 29 Mar 2004, Daniel wrote:
3 >
4 > > In the FEATURES on /etc/make.conf there are options for noman,
5 > > noinfo,nodoc so I you bug the wonderful portage people they may see you
6 > > point and impliement a nostaticlibs option there too. Maybe a noincludes
7 > > would be useful too.
8 >
9 > Excellent idea - I like to strip things as close to the bone as possible
10 > when doing server builds - include files and libraries are typically the
11 > first thing to go - before man pages, docs or info.
12
13 If someone wants to see this feature, it should be filed as a bug on
14 bugs.gentoo.org.
15
16 --kurt