From: Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Re: "cannot I save this LOTS of money?" is about multi-domain web servers.
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 14:01:42
1 Zhang Weiwu wrote:
2
3 > Chris Smart wrote:
4 >
5 >> Mei wen ti! (No problems!)
6 >>
7 >> Anyway, I don't think you need certificates for ALL your hosts, just
8 >> per domain.
9 >>
10 >> Anyway check out this aussie site for free certificates.
11 >>
12 >> http://www.cacert.org/
15 > How comes! entrust.com want 300 USD per year per domain from me, but
16 > this site can do it FREELY? I doubt if the certificated released by
17 > this site is trusted by my user's browsers (I cannot find this
18 > information on their site. My users use IE 5.5 and up, Mozilla 1.7 and
19 > up)
20 >
21 > I happen to have found other very cheap issuer since you told me the
22 > free site. Like www.evlservers.net
23 > Basic instinct told me they must not be trusted by IE 5.5 ...
24 >
25 > Xie Xie Ni!
28 here is the slashdot article re cacert.org
29
30 http://slashdot.org/articles/04/07/02/0116236.shtml?tid=126&tid=158&tid=172&tid=95&tid=99
31
32 -c