From: "Paul Kölle" <pkoelle@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] ldap multiple dc rootdn?
Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 09:44:22
1 Chris S wrote:
2 > Paul Kölle wrote:
3 >> try the -b switch
4 >>
5 >> ldapadd -x -b "dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au" -D "cn=yadda yadda..." -W -f
6 >> /tmp/base.ldif
9 > howdy,
10 > When I try to pass that option, it shows the help section. "man ldapadd"
11 > shows no such option.
12 > I am using openldap 2.2.26. Perhaps this options has been removed now?
13 > Is there something else I can try?
14 Sorry, -b is ldapsearch only. You need to tell the client about your new
15 base in /etc/openldap/ldap.conf (this is for the openldap client tools).
16
17 base=dc=domain,dc=net,dc=au
18
19 And of course have a "database" section with the correct "suffix" in
20 slapd.conf.
21
22 cheers
23 Paul