From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] LDAP password-hash and kerberos
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 16:09:13
1 Hello,
2
3 I have been experiencing problems with the recent openldap upgrade from 2.1
4 branch to 2.2. I followed the directions in the ebuild as directed, and I
5 seem to be hung up on one (maybe 2) problem. The new version of openldap
6 doesn't seem to know what to do with this directive:
7 password-hash {CLEARTEXT}
8
9 I changed the directive to {SSHA}, then re-followed the steps in the ebuild
10 for rebuilding the database. Everything seems to work fine for openldap now,
11 but I _was_ using it as the backend for kerberos authentication, and kerberos
12 doesn't like it at all:
13 kadmin -l
14 kadmin> list *
15 kadmin: opening database: ldap_sasl_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server
16 kadmin: kadm5_get_principals: Wrong database version
17
18 Everything worked fine up to the upgrade, and I am unsure at this point on a
19 direction to troubleshoot this issue further. After looking into the
20 openldap documentation it would seem that the CLEARTEXT option should still
21 exist. But, honestly, I am not sure that this is even the source of the
22 problem.
23
24 Any ideas?
25