From: Claudinei Matos <claudineimatos@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o, gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] mod_log_sql can't connect do db and can't write to file
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 21:38:32
1 Hi,
2
3 I did installed mod_log_sql and and setup the conf file using default
4 options as template.
5 well, I also followed a tutorial that actually is for a old version
6 but following the default options I did the adjusts.
7 I did create the database and executed the query to create database
8 but nothing is logged to mysql and even to sql file and all I get is
9 the errors below:
10
11 [error] (13)Permission denied: attempted append of local preserve file
12 '/var/log/apache2/mod_slog_sql_preserve.sql' but failed.
13 [error] mod_log_sql: child spawned but unable to open database link
14
15 I've changed log file owner to apache user and group and also changed
16 permition to 666 but even with this apache can't to write to sql file.
17 I also did recreated the apache user permission and apache still can't
18 open database link.
19
20 I really don't know what to do since it appears to be so easy to setup
21 and I really did all the things that articles says.
22
23 Have someone any idea about?
24
25 My mod_log_sql version is 1.97