From: Chris S <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] trouble with booting 2005.0 on SATA RAID
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 14:02:11
1 Paul Kölle wrote:
2
3 >Thanks, there is an undocumented switch "nolvm2" to turn off volume
4 >group scan. Got it all working now. I'm not yet building the final
5 >kernel. Is there a way to build an initrd with genkernel (and I'd need
6 >to integrate a module wich is outside the kernel tree)?
7 >
8 >cheers
9 > Paul
12 hmm that is a good question.. I don't use genkernel myself, so I can't
13 say for sure. Certainly you can use genkernel to create an initrd
14 (genkernel initrd). In terms of external modules, this is something I've
15 never done before. Perhaps genkernel will build everything under
16 /lib/modules? You'd need to test this theory ;) /etc/genkernel.conf
17 doesn't offer much advice re modules.
18
19 man genkernel shows:
20
21 --maxkernpackage=<tbz2>
22 File to output a .tar.bz2'd kernel, initrd,
23 contents of
24 /lib/modules/ and the kernel config"
25
26 perhaps this will help you?