From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] IBM x305 Hardware RAID
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 12:33:41
1 On Tuesday 13 July 2004 03:46, Devraj Mukherjee wrote:
2 > I have been assigned to get Gentoo running on an IBM x305 which has two
3 > SCSI drives and a hardware RAID adapter from IBM. Is there anyone out
4 > there who has dealt with a setup similar to this and if you know of any
5 > problems that one might come across.
6
7 I've just completed installing 4 x335 servers without raid and hope to start
8 on a x345 with raid controller thursday. (If they finally manage to deliver
9 the server )
10
11 > I am a bit concerned about the compatiblity of the hardware RAID adapter
12 > with Gentoo.
13
14 As fas as I know the standard scsiadapter in xseries is an mptfusion.
15 The raid array us an ServRaid chipset. It's in both the 2.4 and 2.6 kernel
16 trees.
17
18 Regards,
19