From: Karl Zander <gentoolist@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Going back to devfs
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2005 22:37:27
1 >>But can I go back to devfs? How? Do I need to?
2
3 >Um, yeah, you can. Of course. But why do you want to?
4 >(see /etc/conf.d/rc at RC_DEVICES=3D"devfs" / =3D"udev")
5
6 >What do you need, you believe devfs can, but udev can't?
7
8 >Regards,
9 >Christian Parpart.
12 I am not an expert with devfs, udev or their interactions with the
13 kernel. Since I am going back to a 2.4.x kernel, I thought I would need
14 devfs. Are you saying the 2.4.x kernel will understand udev?
15
16 I have RC_DEVFDS_STARTUP="yes" in /etc/conf.d/rc. If I understood the
17 comments above that line, that is enabling devfs. I do not see a line for
18 RC_DEVICES=
19
20 --Karl