From: kerin@×××××××××××××××.net
To: gentoo-server@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] kernel build best practices?
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 2003 12:14:19
1 > I look at all the options for tcp/ip and ipv4, ipv6, etc. and I have no
2 > clue as to what options are desirable or necessary.
3
4 This, in itself, is an issue; that is, understanding the nature of the
5 technologies at your disposal as well as how to employ them successfully
6 through kernel configuration and other tools. I would say that, as a
7 general rule of thumb for a given feature, if you don't know you need it
8 then you probably don't.
11 > Any wisdom for general kernel config, general server config and info on
12 > kernel networking config greatly appreciated.
13
14 First, read this:
15
16 http://www.bitbenderforums.com/vb22/showthread.php?threadid=58650
17
18 Then if you have an more specific questions, feel free to pose them ...
19 (make sure you tell us what sources you are using as well).
20
21 --Kerin Francis Millar