From: Alex Efros <powerman@××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] lots of: named FORMERR resolving 'DOMAIN.COM/A/IN'
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 00:18:56
1 Hi!
2
3 On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 04:17:29PM -0700, Peter Abrahamsen wrote:
4 > If anyone is looking for a solid, secure alternative to bind, check
5 > out nsd. It aims to be equivalent to bind on the wire, and reads bind
6 > zone files. There's an ebuild in bug 128246. I've been pretty happy
7 > with it for the last 6 months or so.
8
9 Or, even better, just `emerge djbdns`. It's much more simple, secure,
10 reliable and faster than bind. It doesn't read bind zone files, but it's
11 syntax for zone files is very simple. I've been pretty happy with it for
12 many many years.
13
14 http://cr.yp.to/djbdns.html
17 WBR, Alex.