From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] interesting occurence
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2004 16:03:11
1 Here's a weird occurence that has me stumped. Logged into my gentoo
2 server and did an "ls" in root's home directory. Mixed in with all the
3 files I expected in there were a number of empty text files... and
4 here's the strange part: the names of the files were random snippets
5 from an email that I received a while back!
6
7 Now, if I remember correctly, that email was actually routed to root, so
8 I guess at least the email that got sliced up into file names did come
9 from root's maildir... it didn't come from somewhere else on the system.
10 But I had thrown that email away a long time ago... though, I haven't
11 done an "ls" in root's home dir in a while, so I'm not sure how long the
12 files have been there.
13
14 Well, I'm running qmail... anyone have any ideas how text from a mail
15 file gets scattered around as names of files?
16
17 Ben