From: Pandu Poluan <pandu@××××××.info>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-server] Extract usernames from Active Directory
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 02:04:22
1 -original message-
2 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Extract usernames from Active Directory
3 From: Ryan Gibbons <gibbonsr-ml@××××××××××××××××××.com>
4 Date: 2011-06-29 02:52
5
6 >> Hello list!
7 >>
8 >> I'm in the process of setting up a pair of cloud-based email gateways
9 >> based on Postfix. The gateways are meant to perform 'front line
10 >> filtering' against spammers, before the messages entered the measly
11 >> bandwidth into my company's DMZ.
12 >>
13 >> The 'missing ingredient' would be a way to extract the usernames from
14 >> Windows' Active Directory. I don't really need a full-fledged AD-LDAP
15 >> synchronization, just a way to get them names into a nice list with
16 >> which 'postmap' can act upon.
17 >>
18 >> I plan to run the extractor tool every 30 minutes on one of the Gentoo
19 >> servers in the DMZ, and automagically push the extraction result -- if
20 >> there's anything new -- onto the mail gateways using rsync. And have
21 >> yet-another-script at the gateways run 15 minutes afterwards to
22 >> 'compile' a new file (maybe leveraging make's baked-in timestamp
23 >> detection).
24 >>
25 >> Anyone knows what tool(s) I'll need? Especially for the AD extraction part?
26 >>
27 > It's been a very long time since I've done this, but I believe the link below will get you going in the right direction
28 >
29 >http://randomerror.wordpress.com/2009/10/16/quick-tip-how-to-search-in-windows-active-directory-from-linux-with-ldapsearch/
30
31 Ah, that would be a nice start. Unfortunately, the post was talking about Debian/Ubuntu, and a search on Portage seems to not have the 'ldap-util' package. Lots of interesting packages, though:
32
33 http://gentoo-portage.com/Search?search=ldap
34
35 Rgds,