From: Ramon van Alteren <ramon@××××××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Ask for some suggestion about my new server.
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:16:28
1 Wang Penghui wrote:
2
3 > I have a new server which i want to install gentoo on it. But i am
4 > not sure whether or not it suitable. So i want to ask for some
5 > suggestions here.
6 >
7 > My server is
8 > IBM eServer xSeries 226 8848i05
9 > http://www5.pc.ibm.com/cn/products.nsf/$wwwpartnumlookup/_8488I05
10
11 Have no clue of the specs because they're in chinese but I remember
12 running a small gentoo-linux serverpark off eight of IBM xSeries without
13 any real problems. Don't remember the exact versionnumber though
14 Might have been 228 or 348's
15
16 Grtz Ramon
19 To be stupid and selfish and to have good health are the three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, the others are useless.
20
21 Gustave Flaubert
27 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list