From: Patrik Jansson <fbsd@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Can't mount root device (PERC 5/i)
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:23:15
1 Patrik Jansson wrote:
2 > Any other clues? I really don't know what to do (and I don't like the
3 > fact that I maybe have to move to another distribution which I have get
4 > this up and running, such as openSUSE).
7 I recompiled a new kernel with genkernel (derived from the LiveCD kernel
8 config). I completly disabled LSI Logic New Generation RAID Device
9 Drivers and only enabled LSI Logic Legacy MegaRAID driver and LSI Logic
10 MegaRAID SAS RAID Module.
11 Then rebooted with the new kernel and it again couldn't mount /dev/sdb3
12 although. I tried /dev/sda3 once again and voilá! It boots.
13
14 So I thought it had anything to do with the fact that I disabled some of
15 the LSI drivers. But re-enabling them and recompiling the kernel once
16 again makes no difference. It still boots.
17
18 I'm happy that the issue is solved but it's frustrating not knowing
19 exactly what the solution was. I will know completly re-install the
20 system and see what happends.
21
22 /P.
23 --