From: Dan Podeanu <pdan@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Backup Software
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:01:08
1 (just my imho)
2
3 Be happy with amanda. Be happy with its lack of interface. Thats why its an
4 unix.
5
6 OR.
7
8 Write your own backup scripts. Depending on the type of data, it will
9 probably be a lot more efficient and controllable this way. I personally
10 wouldn't rely on something thats its not written by me, when it comes to
11 backups :)
12
13 Then again, currently we do backups of over 1.2TB of data, with around 8 mil
14 files. Every backup system I've tried barfed completely, utterly and
15 totally.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Dan.
19
20 ----- Original Message -----
21 From: "Andrew Fant" <andrew.fant@×××××.edu>
22 To: <gentoo-server@l.g.o>
23 Sent: Monday, March 22, 2004 7:45 PM
24 Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Backup Software
27 > I suspect that it would be out of your price range, but I do want to say
28 > that legato networker does work under gentoo, even if it isn't r*d-h*t.
29 > Just a data point to add to the mix.
30 >
31 > Andy
32 >
33 > --On Monday, March 22, 2004 09:41:09 -0800 Bryn Hughes <linux@×××××××.ca>