From: Rene Gass <security@×××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Re: Virtual Mailhosting with Postfix
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 18:41:24
1 Hi Peter,
2
3 > 2. TLS authentication
4 > - if I use the eMail address as account name the authentication is not
5 > working. The problem is that postfix (?) only reads the account name
6 > until the '@' character. So for now I changed usercolumn=email to
7 > usercolumn=uid but it would be nice to be able to use the email
8 > address instead as usually the users don't know their uid.
9
10 have a look at http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?p=1104664 where I have
11 written about this problem. I'm using cyrus-sasl 2.1.18 which is not the
12 latest version, but 2.1.18-r1 broke my configuration so I'm sticking with
13 2.1.18 for the time being.
14
15 Regards, René