From: Robert Larson <robert@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-server] Heimdal kerberos issue after openldap upgrade
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 16:01:21
1 Hello!
2
3 I'm running a gentoo authentication server utilizing heimdal-kerberos,
4 cyrus-sasl, and openldap. This setup has been running for roughly six months
5 without problems, until an openldap upgrade rendered my kerberos
6 implementation useless.
7
8 I recently (early last month) made the following upgrade:
9 openldap-2.1.30-r5
10 -to-
11 openldap-2.2.28
12
13 I began by uninstalling the first instance, then installing the second
14 instance. I had a slapcat copy of the DB, so I moved the original databases
15 to a backup, performed a slapadd, and reset all of the file permissions.
16 Upon the slapadd, I received an error stating that the configuration was
17 broken.
18
19 Upon looking into it, it was erroring out due to the "password-hash
20 {CLEARTEXT}" option. I commented this out, it appears to be working now.
21
22 I can execute searches and adds, but for some reason this upgrade has caused
23 kerberos to begin having problems. When I try kinit, I receive this in
24 syslog:
25 [kdc] UNKNOWN -- user@MYREALM: Wrong database version
26
27 I try the following:
28 # kadmin -l
29 kadmin> list *
30 kadmin: opening database: ldap_sasl_bind_s: Can't contact LDAP server
31 kadmin: kadm5_get_principals: Wrong database version
32 kadmin>
33
34 I had followed the steps in the ebuild for openldap, and it seems to me like
35 this might be a problem with heimdal-kerberos, but I am not sure. I suppose
36 it could even be a problem with cyrus-sasl.
37
38 Any help or suggestions would be appreciated,
39
40 Robert
41 --
42 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list