From: fire-eyes <sgtphou@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] 1000Mbps NIC problems solved
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:40:28
1 On Sat, 2005-04-23 at 12:41 -0400, Renzo Rosales wrote:
2 > Have you enabled DMA on your hard drives and enabled support for the
3 > chipset in the kernel? You can check the IDE controller using lspci
4 > (emerge pciutils)
5
6 Well they're Seagate Cheetah 10,000RPM U160 SCSI drives, connected to a
7 dedicated 64-bit dual channel adaptec controller. I see where you're
8 aiming, though. I'll be looking into it on Monday.
9
10 Granted they are older drives (some are 5 years old), but we'll see.
11
12 Thanks for the tips :)
15 gentoo-server@g.o mailing list