From: Pedro Venda <pjvenda@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin@××××××××.net>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] Apache2 Virtual Hosting
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 10:56:53
1 > Yes, the patch is here
2 > http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~miguel/code/suexec+php.diff
3 >
4 > but just looking through the several errors in the comments and the general
5 > hackish attitude in the code, I wouldn't recomend using it on production
6 > servers without further auditing.
7
8 you are right, it is a hack. and he probably wasn't too careful with comments,
9 but as you also noticed it is as trivial as it gets.
10
11 > Is this patch submitted to the apache team?
12
13 not that I know of.
14
15 > It looks simple enough, but as it is in a vital security area (suexec) it
16 > may bring big surprises later.
17
18 that's the right attitude. all I can say is that has been used for about 16
19 months in a solaris 7 server with about 8000 users with mod_userdir for
20 hosting personal homepages.
21
22 Cheers,
25 Pedro João Lopes Venda