From: Andrew Cooks <acooks@××××××××.za>
To: acooks@××××××××.za
Subject: [gentoo-server] Kerberos + OpenLDAP help needed.
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 10:09:28
1 Hi Everyone
2
3 Has anyone on the list played/worked with Kerberos + LDAP before?
4
5 I'm trying to setup Samba 3 + OpenLDAP + Kerberos, but I can't figure out
6 the exact relationship between the OpenLDAP db and Kerberos db.
7
8 OpenLDAP uses an arbitrary tree structure and Kerberos uses a specific
9 flat structure.
10
11 I've read all the (Mit) Kerberos V docs, official Samba3 docs and most of
12 the OpenLDAP docs, as well as plenty of googling.
13
14 Any help or ideas would be appreciated.
15
16 Andrew
19 -----------------------
20 Andrew Cooks
21 TechTeam TechTeam -- "We make it work."
22 Computer Science dept.
23 University of Pretoria
25
26 Stimulate your mellon for a change! Use Linux! - http://tlug.up.ac.za
27
28 "If 44,000 employees of Sun can work with StarOffice, and can exchange any
29 document with their customers, there is no good argument not to do it"
30 - Richard Seibt, CEO of Suse Linux